New International Version(NIV)
12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. 13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Grace simply is
defined by what
Christ did on the
Cross. He paid for
our sins, plain and
simple. Even when we
do not deserve
This is what Christ went through on his Trip to the cross.
- His mother and brothers accused him of being crazy! They even came to talk to
Him to try to convince Him to stop! John 7:1-5, Matthew 12:46-48
- He was tried and convicted during the night, in secret. Matthew 26:57-68
- He was tortured and beaten John 19:1-3
- He was made to carry his own cross to His execution John 19:16-17
- He was ridiculed and mocked Mark 15:16-20
- His own people called for Him to be executed John 19:4-6
- His Best friend Denied Him, not only once, not twice, but three times Matthew 26:69-75
- One of His close friends turned Him in for 30 pieces of silver Matthew 26:14-16
- They striped Him nude for all to see John 19:23
- they laid Him on the cross, and nailed spikes through the palms of His hands John 19:18, John 20:25
So much more was done to Him. But still what was His first cry?
"Father forgive they know not what they do!"(Luke 23:34)
That truly is Grace! They received His forgiveness when they did not deserve it!
What do we have to do to receive this Grace? Believe! All we have to do is Believe.
I was fortunate to talk and witness to my wife's Grandfather on his deathbed. He had said his entire family was badgering him to make his peace with God! He really had not accepted Christ yet. He had told me that they felt he should and that they had conditions he had to follow, to reunite with Christ. Her grandfather had refused to pray with them. He refused their efforts because he felt they were all hypocrites. He looked at me, with a sadness in his eyes and said that he felt he could not do what his family required for salvation. He said he wanted so much to come to know Jesus and the salvation that Christ offered, but his family made him feel he could not accomplish what he needed to do before he died. He then asked me, what must I do to know Jesus.
I just told him, "all you have to do is believe!"
Quietly he said, "is that all?" Then my wife and I prayed with him, and right then and there he gave him self to Christ and said that he believes! With tears in his eyes after we prayed, he hugged me with the biggest hug I ever had as an adult and whispered in my ear, "thankyou!"
Later that night he went to heaven!
I want to know, do you believe...?
Neo... January 15, 2012